In honor of Wine Wednesday, I decided to try my very FIRST wine video. I have never been particularly comfortable with seeing myself on screen so the video is pretty rough, but cheers to trying something new! I know it is World Malbec Day, but I didn’t have any at the house. SO. Today’s Wine Wednesday challenge was between Chateau Ste. Michelle and Kendall-Jackson Chardonnays.
1. RELAX…Easier said than done. I’ll have to turn the screen off next time so I can’t see myself stumble!
2. Invest in a video camera. It was difficult to show the wine because I was recording from my laptop. Videos at home would be easier with a dedicated space with decent lighting. I’ll see what I can do.
3. Recording after work with hair in a bun and glasses may not be the best “look”. At least it was the real me 🙂
4. Have a rough script. Apparently, I like the words “very”, “really”, “ummm”, “a lot”, and “apricot”. I even meant to say pineapple for Kendall Jackson and I still said apricot. Ummmmm….
5. Let viewers know the price. I drink wines from all price points so that would have been helpful (Btw, Chateau Ste. Michelle is roughly $10 and Kendall-Jackson $12 retail).
6. Interject a personal story or a picture in the video. I think it would be more interesting.
7. Try again next week!